Many people think that chiropractors can only help patients who are suffering from back pains, slipped discs, stiff necks, and whiplash injuries. The truth is, these professionals can deal with a wide range of health problems. Chiropractic care is based on the concept that the mind and body can heal itself given the right opportunity and conditions. Provided below are the top five health conditions that chiropractors can treat.
- Tension Headaches and Migraines
About 9 out of 10 Americans experience headaches. Some suffer from it occasionally while others experience more persistent episodes. Some headaches are dull and nagging while migraines can bring excruciating pain as well as nausea. One option is to take some over the counter meds and hope that the pain goes away. But did you know that there is a much better idea?
According to studies, spinal manipulation, which is the main form of treatment provided by chiropractors, is an effective method of dealing with tension headaches as well as headaches that start in the neck.
In a clinical study performed at Macquarie University, 72% of people suffering from migraines experience noticeable or substantial improvement following receiving chiropractic treatment. As a matter of fact, the majority of headaches are linked to muscle tension in the neck, which is a common health issue among Americans who spend several hours in the posture or position like when in front of the TV or computer. This can result in joint tension and irritation in the upper back as well as the scalp that lead to headaches.
What Can Chiropractors Do?
– Conduct chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulation to enhance spinal function and relieve stress in their body
– Offer nutritional advice, suggesting a change in diet or the additional intake of vitamins
– Provide advice on ergonomics, posture, relaxation techniques, and exercises.
- Stress And Anxiety
The environment, our emotions, and our body are sources of stress. Environment stress includes time pressures, performance standards, noise, physical stress, and the weather. Organ malfunction, disease processes, poor sleep and nutrition, and physical injury fall under body stress. Finally, emotional stress is a bit harder to define compared to the two. It includes our reactions in emotion and thought as well as physical and environmental stressors.
Jobs these days are becoming more complex just as the business realm become increasingly competitive. Sound, water, air pollution, and other physical stresses have likewise grown much worse over the last century especially in the U.S. This also means that psychological and emotional stresses have also grown. They may be due to a growing awareness of tragedies and troubles around the globe, which are brought to our attention through the 24/7 news cycle and the internet.
Several illnesses are brought on and even caused by stress, which triggers our fight or flight reaction, which impacts nearly all parts of the body including the hypothalamus. It is the part of the brain that stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which leads to a boost in heart rate, blood pressure, blood volume, as well as redirecting blood flow away from the extremities and the digestive system.
If prolonged, its long-term effects could be disastrous for your health. It can lead to high blood pressure, diabetes, muscle tissue damage, immune system issues, infertility, as well as slowed healing from injury and disease.
Chiropractors deal with the spine most of the time and they do so to assist the body in managing and processing stress in a much healthier way. It is the main part of the nervous system where nerve impulses pass through when they go to the brain and the other parts of the body.
What Can Chiropractors Do?
– Help release muscle tension, which is a common result of chronic stress that can lead to nerve irritation and makes uneven pressures on the bony structures of the body, which can cause spinal misalignment. This can help the body go back to a more relaxed and balanced state.
– Chiropractic adjustments can decrease spinal nerve irritation and enhance blood flow, which can aid it signaling the brain to switch off the fight or flight response and start the healing process.
– Can recommend nutritional supplements such as B complex vitamins, to assist the body in coping with stress.
– Can suggest relaxation techniques and talk about environmental changes and posture as well as recommend relaxation methods to assist you in recovering from a chronic stress
Fibromyalgia is characterized as a chronic health disorder that involves widespread sensitivity and pain throughout the whole musculoskeletal system. A patient needs to have at least 11 out of 18 tender points in the body in order to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Apart from pain, sufferers of this disorder said they experienced long-term fatigue as well as disturbed mood and sleep. Other health conditions that are associated with fibromyalgia include TMJ pain and dysfunction, irritable bowel syndrome, psychological conditions as well as a few autoimmune diseases.
Fibromyalgia is a widespread health condition that affects around 2% of the population in the United States. Plus medical science still needs to discover the primary cause of this problem. Since sufferers of fibromyalgia usually experience mood changes like depression, several professionals concentrate on the psychological aspect of the disorder. Others believe that fibromyalgia is more about the physiological aspect and its sources are chronic postural alterations as well as physical trauma. Still, there are others who suggest that fibromyalgia is a disorder involving the central nervous system and is rooted in the imbalances of chemicals, since patients of fibromyalgia are sensitive to even the mildest stimuli, and usually have a pain response to pressure or activity that is not normally painful. Since all the information from the world outside is gathered and analyzed by the nervous system, it is quite logical to assume that when a person with fibromyalgia is sensitive to a certain stimulus that others aren’t there might be a problem with this system.
It is usually hard for patients to search for solutions for all of the symptoms that they are experiencing, but the latest studies reveal that chiropractic adjustments together with a soft tissue method referred to as ischemic compression can assist fibromyalgia patients. One on particular research, 60% of the respondents who received North Myrtle Beach chiropractic care experienced some improvements like improved sleep, reduced pain, and fatigue.
What Can Chiropractors Do?
– Chiropractors are neuromusculoskeletal specialists as well, and of the primary concentrations of chiropractic care is the positive impact it could provide on a fibromyalgia patient’s nervous system, giving them better chances of recovering.
– Chiropractors from Divine Life Health Center can treat back pain, pressure points, shoulder pain, neck pain, pain from musculoskeletal injuries, and even headaches.
– Chiropractors can likewise decrease a patient’s overall pain with the help of spinal adjustments that can improve the mobility between spinal vertebrae, which may have become limited, locked or perhaps misaligned, thereby boosting the lumbar and cervical range of motion.
- Weak Immune System
The immune system, endocrine system, and the nervous system are all linked inextricably. All three share small messenger molecules that mediate the communication between them, which creates optimal reactions for the body to heal and adapt appropriately.
Until recently, among these messenger molecules is IL-2. It was considered as an immune system molecule. However, latest studies have shown that its activity and presence in the nervous system, which leads researches to think that neural dysfunctions due to spinal misalignments can cause stress to the body and can lead to abnormal changes that can trigger a poorly coordinated immune response.
Subluxation refers to spine misalignments that lead to compression as well as irritation of nerve pathways, which affects the organs of the body. Subluxations are good examples of physical nerve stress that impacts neuronal control. According to some research, these stressful conditions result in changed measures of immune function and higher susceptibility to a range of diseases.
It is crucial to note here the way the endocrine system affects the immune system by generating cortisol in the adrenal glands. The endocrine glands are directly linked to the nervous system by way of the sympathetic nervous system. Cortisol is referred to as a stress hormone that is known to inhibit the immune system.
In case the sympathetic nerve becomes too turned on because of subluxation and stress, it can boost the synthesis of cortisol in the adrenal glands, which in effect will impact the immune system.
What Can Chiropractors Do?
– Chiropractic care from Divine Life Health Center is the only method to identify and get rid of subluxation, and chiropractic adjustments can reduce the stress on your nervous system, thereby increasing the coordinated responses of the immune and nervous systems.
– On study group discovered that if an adjustment is made to a subluxated area, there will be a significant rise in white blood cell count.
– A different study measured the impact of going to the chiropractor for six months on the immune system function of patients with HIV. By the end of six month period, the patients who received regular adjustments showed a 48% rise in the number of CD4+ T cells. Meanwhile, patients who did not get chiropractic care showed an 8% decrease in CD4+ T cells.
When we are younger, it is quite easy to take for granted our body’s flexibility and range of motion. As we grow older, different health conditions and the effects of wear and tear start to affect our ability to move like the way we used to.
However, a decrease in flexibility and range of motion can lead to a downward spiral of disability. For instance, a degenerative condition or injury that can cause stiffness, swelling, and pain might restrict our range of motion and flexibility. Once this happens, we might avoid activities that involve using the body parts that are affected, either unconsciously or consciously.
The will then be a good example of use it or lose it. Without routine exercise, the joints and the muscles stiffen, scar tissue can form, adhesion, and your mobility can be reduced much further. Eventually, an individual can be totally incapacitated, and menial tasks like picking up something off the floor or maybe tying your shoes can be very painful or challenging.
With regular chiropractic care, both your flexibility and range of motion can be increased.
A study conducted by the researchers at the Phillip Chiropractic Research Centre of RMIT University of Melbourne, Australia, and then published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics discovered that chiropractic adjustments improved the range of motion in the 105 patients who have participated in the study. There are three phases in this study. First, the participants got no adjustments. Second, with fake adjustments and third with true adjustments. In every phase, the patients who had received true adjustments presented a significant change in their range of motion, which was not the case for the first two groups.
If you want to know more about how chiropractors can help improve your health condition, call Divine Life Health Center now.
Divine Life Health Center
2200 Premier Resort Blvd Unit C
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582