Allopathic medicine is a widely sought after medical treatment for various health conditions. However, in most cases, it only offers short-term relief and may even result in side effects. Additionally, it has been observed that it doesn’t treat ailments linked to the musculoskeletal system. Musculoskeletal injuries, for instance, significantly affects the patient’s quality of life. Given that, several patients who are suffering from upper back pain, lower back pain, back pain, and neck pain, to name a few, look for alternative treatments like massage therapy, acupressure, yoga therapy, and chiropractic care.
What is Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic care is considered an alternative medicine. It is performed by doctors referred to as chiropractors who have a degree in Chiropractic medicine. Chiropractic care is a branch of medicine that is different from the traditional medical treatment you receive from conventional medical doctors. Chiropractors give treatments that do not involve performing surgeries or prescribing medicines. Chiropractors will find the root cause of the disease and treat it. It involves the use of techniques that can minimize pain, strengthen the body, and prevent further injury. Chiropractors utilize hands-on movements to treat health problems including ailments associated with the musculoskeletal system. This method is referred to as joint manipulation or joint adjustment. Chiropractic treatment aligns the joints and the muscles to their normal position so they can function correctly. It can treat health problems like upper back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, wrist pain, lower back pain, jaw pain, fibromyalgia, and arthritis. It can also treat asthma and headaches.
Chiropractic Care and Upper Back Pain
The upper back is comprised of spinal segments of the thoracic and cervical spine as well as ligaments and muscles, which are all linked to each other. Additionally, it has several nerves that emerge from these segments and they are responsible for supplying different sections of the upper part of the body. Upper back pain can be brought on by pain in the shoulders, neck region, as well as the upper back from either the muscles or joints. Chiropractic care can treat issues linked to tendons, muscles, joints, ligaments, bones, joints, as well as spinal discs. Chiropractors use different techniques or hands-on corrections and exercises plus, they put emphasis on having the right nutrition. There are several things that can cause upper back pain. It can affect different joints and muscles that form part of the thoracic spine. If a joint or muscle is injured, it will affect nearby muscles and joints, which leads to pain as well as dysfunction that can be hard to treat.
People of all ages may experience upper back pain. Those who suffer from it experience pain as well as stiffness in the mid back section. A few of the reasons that cause upper back are the following:
- Degenerated spinal discs
- Displacement of the rib
- Hunched seated posture
- Spinal disc herniation
If any of these symptoms show up regularly within a week, it needs to be treated right away because it can lead to neck pain. A chiropractor will give a spinal adjustment to patients with spinal related problems. It is a very effective technique when it comes to treating upper back pain.
Chiropractic Care Steps For Upper Back Pain Treatment
Pretreatment Steps – before a Myrtle Beach chiropractor begins the treatment, he or she will conduct a detailed physical examination and take note of the patient’s medical history.
- The clinical exam will include taking note of important information involving the history of the symptoms, medications taken, family medical history, past surgeries, as well as the patient’s diet.
- The physical examination will involve measuring the patient’s height, weight, reflexes, and even the blood pressure.
- The patient will be asked to fill up the pain chart to find answers to various questions like the duration and location of the pain.
- The patient will be asked questions that will include the history of accidents, and what makes the pain worse or better.
- Diagnostic tests like X-ray, CT scan, MRI, and nerve conduction tests may be conducted.
- Physical capacity tests are also performed to find out the functioning capacity for various functions like lifting.
Based on the results of the exams, the chiropractor will make an interpretation and come up with a plan of treatment. If the back pain is accompanied by a fever or flu, it may be because of an infection and the chiropractor will refer the patient to a doctor. If it happens due to a sprain or strain, the chiropractor will treat the patient.
Chiropractic Treatment Steps – one of the most common treatments administered by chiropractors from Divine Life Health Center is a chiropractic adjustment. It involves using a certain degree of force in a specific direction. It aims to normalize the function of the spinal cord. The chiropractor adjustment is applied to a fixed or injured joint, which is not functioning or moving correctly. This technique will help restore bones to their normal position.
- The patient suffering from an upper back problem will be asked to lie face down on a specialized chiropractic table.
- The chiropractor will use his or her hands and sometimes a device called activator to apply mild pressure.
- The chiropractor will make adjustments to the soft tissue in the back, loosen up the muscles, and make the needed preparations to the area.
- Different sections in the back will be palpated to find the exact vertebra of the problematic spine.
- The chiropractor will put his or her hands on the side of the vertebra, adds a mild pressure, and brings back motion to the affected joint.
- During a joint adjustment, the patient may hear a popping sound during the treatment, which is caused by air escaping the joint.
The patient with upper back pain may need to visit a chiropractor between eight to twelve sessions for chiropractic treatment in order to restore the affected joint to its normal placement and motion. However, some patients obtain immediate relief after a few sessions only.
Call Divine Life Health Center if you are suffering from upper back pain and seeking chiropractic treatment.
Divine Life Health Center
2200 Premier Resort Blvd Unit C
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582